[Banshee-List] Banshee and gPodder

Hello,

First of all I want to say that I'm amazed by all the new features
that have been implemented in Banshee over the last few weeks. It's
good to see that Banshee is constantly improving and that there are
active and passionate developers.

However, I still have a problem; in spite of the new podcast support,
I use gPodder to transfer podcasts to my iPod (Banshee has trouble
displaying special characters like umlauts etc.). This works well but
every time I use Banshee to add songs to the iPod, all the podcasts
are "gone". I'm pretty sure they're not deleted but I can't access
them anymore. The podcast folder on the device is empty. Does this
have to do with gPodder using libgpod and Banshee using it's own
libraries to write the database? When I add songs with gtkpod (which
uses libgpod as well), the podcasts are unaffected.

I'm not aware of any previous discussion about this so I'm just going
to ask why Banshee doesn't use libgpod as well? It looks like it
implements almost all of the functionality like ratings from and to
the iPod, (smart) playlists, etc...

Anyway, keep up the good work -- and bring back the iTunesImporter! ;)

Lukas