Re: [Banshee-List] No DBus support

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:43 +0200, Raphael Nestler wrote:
> Hi there
>
> i'm using banshee since i switched to linux on my desktop and i really like
> it, so keep up the good work!
>
> But, Last week i installed it on my laptop, which is running on OpenSuse11.0
> with KDE3.5.9, then i tried the command line options like banshee-1 --play
> or --next. But instead of start playing, or switch to the next song they
> start a new instance of banshee.
>
> so i looked at the startup-messages from banshee which told me that DBus
> support could not be started, has this something todo with my problem? And
> How can I solve this issue? DBus is installed and KDBus shows some stuff
> running  ;)

Banshee uses DBus to look for another running instance and if it finds
it, to send the commands like --play.
So solving your DBus issue will probably solve your problem, but I'm
sorry I can't help you with that, as I have zero KDE knowledge.

Good luck,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>