[Banshee-List] Podsleuth + iPod firmware update

Hi,

I just subscribed so please excuse me if i say something stupid. Today
I felt like writing some proof of concept code so I checked the URIs
visited by iTunes and created a simple iPod firmware updating script.

The code is available at http://code.google.com/p/ipod-update/ to look
at. It works at least here so feel free to play but it would certainly
benefit from integrating parts of it into podsleuth itself.

The first thing I would ask for is exposing the UpdaterFamilyID via
HAL properties. This is needed to find the proper firmware version for
the device in question as you can see in the code. Being able to ask
podsleuth to upload the firmware would be another great feature (so no
root access is required) either via DBus or some suid binary.

Of course I'm open to ideas and criticism so feel free to yell.

Cheers,

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution