[Banshee-List] Ideas for new Banshee web site

I've been following the ideas and referenced sites on the mailing list
and you're all right... we really do need a new web site.

The current one is stale, a bit unorganized, and I'm just tired of
looking at it. I don't think the design is all that bad, but it's
certainly old at this point.

Today I started toying with some ideas, borrowing heavily from the
Blender [1] design, which I particularly like.

http://abock.org/~aaron/banshee-web

So I'd like to start gathering more feedback about what to do with the
web site going forward. For starters, I'd like input on the rough design
I started. It's hardly complete, but it should be enough to get the feel
for what I want the new site to look like.

Next I'd like to discuss the actual content layout for the site. We will
be incorporating a project blog (not planet, that is separate) which I
would like to go under the main page's introduction content, like
Songbird. [2]

So how do you think the main navigation should be organized? What major
menu links should we show, and what sort of menu navigation should go
under those sections?

For example, I'm thinking of something like this (extremely rough):

* Feature Tour
  + (Break the tour down by feature categories)
* Download
  + Distribution Packages
  + Sources
  + Subversion
* User Guide
  + (TOC for the guide)
* Community
  + Planet
  + IRC
  + Mailing List
  + Etc.
* Support
  + Help Installing/Dependencies
  + Filing Bugs
  + Etc.
* Developers
  + Technical docs
  + Subversion
  + Bugzilla
  + Etc.

The actual site will be powered by some Wiki and WordPress hybrid. I'd
like to move a lot of the main content into WordPress as the Wiki is a
bit cumbersome in some cases, but certainly very useful and necessary in
many others.

So... feedback, of all sorts!

Oh, also, the SVG for all of the design elements are here if there are
any awesome designers out there who want to play around with some ideas.
I do everything in Inkscape, of course.

http://abock.org/~aaron/banshee-web/elements.svg

Best,
Aaron