Re: [Banshee-List] Database Locked

Opening the banshee.db for reading should work fine concurrently,
however, writes may cause this problem.

Banshee is not designed (and we don't plan on changing this) to allow
for real concurrent access to its database.

If you are running multiple programs that access the database, you can
expect to run into this. Specifically if you are running both trunk and
stable against the same database.

Also, I think the GNOME DO plugin for Banshee pulls tracks out of the
database, which could cause problems also. There may be other apps that
do this as well.

The real solution (and this will become easier/more relevant with trunk)
is for applications wishing to interface with Banshee to use the
powerful DBus interfaces it exposes. Banshee is designed as a singleton,
and that trickles down to its underlying database as well - by design.

Best,
Aaron