Re: [Banshee-List] Proposal: Mono.Media

Hi Scott,

just my 2 cents.

Am Mittwoch, den 02.01.2008, 05:16 -0600 schrieb Scott Peterson:
[...]
> EACH BACKEND IS ITS OWN ASSEMBLY
> Pros:
> - Modularity. New backends can be added with ease.
> - Size. If you know you're shipping on Linux, you can remove the
> Windows/Mac-specific backends.
> - Backend autonomy. Each backend can be its own MonoDevelop project
> and its own package. Multiple people can maintain different backends
> and be well out of each other's way. Backends can even live in
> different svn repos.

Plus: From the perspective of a Linux vendor: if one want to ship
multiple backends and want the user to allow specifying which backend to
use (to install), this is a must-have. So I would vote for that. The
hybrid version would also work, as a vendor could just use the loading
mechanism for shipping multiple backends in multiple packages.

cu, Lars