Re: [Banshee-List] Can i use MySql for a database?

On 12/26/2008 09:50 AM, amrhassan wrote:
 I have a very huge music collection and sqlite is just not cutting it
 for me. banshee is really terribly slow and simply unusable for me in
 this condition.

Have you run with --debug-sql, or done any sort of measurements to verify that your performance problems are caused by sqlite? It's possible that they are just bugs in Banshee that could be fixed if they were filed. How big is your music collection?

 If i could only make it work with mysql like amarok, it would make
 my banshee experience a lot smoother. can i do that?

No, that is not currently supported.

Sandy