To: <banshee-list gnome org>; <geoff waitehere com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] freeze 0.13.2 disto release as banshee-lite?

Geoff wrote:
Fine job on Banshee 1.4, which I use on one of my newer laptops with
2 processor and 2G RAM.

However, I have older laptops running xubuntu and fluxbuntu and 1.4
just will not run on these, primarily for memory reasons, I suspect.

Banshee 1.4.1 tends to use ~50MB of memory for me, pretty consistently.
I don't know how much 0.13.2 required.

When you say "1.4 just will not run", do you mean performance is
unacceptable, or do you mean Banshee actually won't start at all?  If
the latter, then that points to some sort of configuration problem which
can probably be fixed.  See this page to make a helpful log, or just run
"banshee-1 --debug" from the command line if it's crashing on start up:

http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

I have no input on your idea to have "banshee-lite", except that I doubt
anybody wants to maintain or support that codebase, and you don't want
to give people false impressions.

Best,
Sandy