Re: [Banshee-List] Do you use lame VBR/ABR? Would you?

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 23:58 -0500, Dave Steinberg wrote:
> The purpose, then, of this message is two-fold. First, I'm just
> wondering: does no one bother using lame VBR encoding in Banshee?  I
> know there are plenty of alternatives, but my impression was that VBR
> MP3 is a pretty popular choice.  Maybe not among Banshee users?  Or do
> they use a low quality setting?  Or do they use a higher setting and
> just not notice/care that it doesn't work?  Same kind of question for
> ABR: does anyone use it in its current form?  Moreover, if ABR/VBR
> worked properly, would people use it?
I use Banshee's MP3 encoding, but I never attempt to encode at a bitrate
any higher than 160kbps. My ears don't hear any difference between 160
and any higher bitrate, and I don't have enough storage space to
accomodate higher bitrates.
--
Chow Loong Jin