Re: [Banshee-List] Organize collection

> I just switched from Amarok to Banshee and I love it - much prettier, works
> much better with my Gnome setup, and all the features I'm looking for...
Cool!

> except one. I'm trying to figure out how to make Banshee keep my music
> folder organized with the hierarchy it uses for ripping.
You can customize this setting... so if you are already using a sane scheme, you can adapt banshee to use this, too. If you don't find a matching scheme in the GUI, you can still tweak it in GConf.

> option to organize certain tracks via their ID3 tags. When I import tracks,
> the program automatically organizes them, so I thought maybe if I just
> "import" my entire Music folder, it would reorganize all my tracks
There's support for moving and renaming tracks according to their tags in trunk. I don't know if import already triggers this but it may. Anyway, when doing this, make sure to have a backup. You never know what will go wrong when running file operations on gigs of data...

Cheers,
-Michael