Re: [Banshee-List] Using ReplayGain

> On 26.08.08 14:51:29, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> I'm not sure it works yet (I seem to recall a note Aaron made about
> it only recognizing that it's there, not processing it yet for
> playback),
Someone on IRC said that it is working.

> but the best way to test it would be to install and run trunk.
I have a trunk build here.

However, I was more wondering what I need to do generally... having lived without replaygain for years I don't have a problem with waiting a bit longer but at some point I will have to calculate and add the tags...

I have written a small script which crawls my library and runs vorbisgain or mp3gain on all albums. Seems to work fine in theory, but I still don't know exactly what tags I really need. These are the commands I have atm:

vorbisgain -a "$artist - $album"*
-> seems to add both track and album gains to the file as tags

mp3gain -a -s r "$artist - $album"*
-> seems to add only album gains... does this modify the header?

Cheers,
-Michael
Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 30 Tage