[Banshee-List] Are latest iPods supported?

I have a 60GB iPod and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 160GB one. AFAIK this is supported as long as I don't use the latest versions of iTunes, right? Anyone out there using this model successfully?

I know that other models like iTouch are not supported and I know the reasons. In fact I'm thinking in avoiding Apple so, any suggestions from Banshee users that could hold this storage size or similar?

Regards,

	Andres