Re: [Banshee-List] banshee r3677 - in trunk/banshee: . src/Extensions/Banshee.Daap src/Extensions/Banshee.Daap/Banshee.Daap src/Extensions/Banshee.Daap/Daap

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:19 PM,  <ahixon svn gnome org> wrote:
> Author: ahixon
>  Date: Sat Apr  5 01:19:01 2008
>  New Revision: 3677
>
>  Log:
>  2008-04-05  Alexander Hixon  <hixon alexander mediati org>
>
>         * src/Extensions/Banshee.Daap/Daap/ServiceLocator.cs: Try to resolve all
>         possible addresses for the first resolved hostname if it gives us an IPv6
>         address.
>
>         * src/Extensions/Banshee.Daap/Banshee.Daap/DaapPlaylistSource.cs: Child
>         playlist source for DAAP sources. Uses DaapTrackInfo from parent source to
>         populate trackmodel.
>
>         * src/Extensions/Banshee.Daap/Banshee.Daap/DaapSource.cs: Create playlist
>         sources if the DAAP share provides any. Also hookup different icons for
>         protected/unprotected shares. Now also handles the remote removing tracks
>         from the share and updating our local view to reflect changes.

Hey Alex,

A critical difference between 0.13.2's DAAP support and what we want
to see in trunk is the use of our awesome database support.  In
particular, you should use PrimarySource's builtin track model for
storage.  This means you can't use a custom DaapTrackInfo class, but
you shouldn't need to.  Also, your DaapPlaylistSource should inherit
from PlaylistSource, and just disable removing (CanRemove/CanDelete
false override).  All you should have to do is put tracks in there
(track = new DatabaseTrackInfo (); track.PrimarySource =
thisDaapSource;  track.Save ()) and delete the source and its tracks
when on Unmap.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense, you disagree, or need help.

Regards,

Gabriel