Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Shuffle 2 (the clip-on shuffle)

On 9/26/07, Brant Anderson <rabrant gmail com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to Banshee. I thought it would be fun to try out my iPod Shuffle
> with it. So, I did.
>
> The program told me that I needed to rebuild my database, so I did.
>
> I then put one song onto my iPod to test it out. I can browse to the song in
> nautilus and play it as from a drive on my computer. So, I thought hey this
> is awesome! Next, I unmounted my iPod and plugged in my headphones. My iPod
> does nothing except flash a green and amber light alternately. No sound. :-(
>
> I was wondering if anybody knew of a fix to this. I am running Fedora 7 and
> installed the version from the livna (I think it was from livna) repository.
> Banshee version 0.12.1. I have this strange feeling that the problem has
> something to do with the reconstruction of the iPod database. Any thoughts
> or feedback on getting my iPod Shuffle to work with Banshee would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
> Brant Anderson

First, I'm not an iPod user, but I've been around long enough to see
the answers a few times.

With an iPod problem, typically the best first response is to make
sure you have the latest version of Banshee. Apple likes to change it
up to keep the Linux guys hopping. If you've synced the iPod with the
latest version of iTunes, you almost certainly need to be running the
latest version of Banshee.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen