[Banshee-List] Problem Playing iPod Under Ubuntu 7.04

I have a Dell D600 laptop running Ubuntu 7.04.

I followed the instruction for building Banshee given on this page:
http://banshee-project.org/Banshee_Source

The Banshee tarball release I used was banshee-0.13.1.tar.b2. I have successfully installed it.

I saw a link for "Download Corresponding libipoddevice Tarball" but did not know for sure if I needed it or not, and was not able to run make on it.

When I plug in my iPod, Banshee first said it needed to rebuild the database in order to read the iPod. I let it do that.

All songs on my iPod appeared in Banshee. However, when I tried to play a song (either one purchased from iTunes or one ripped from a CD) I get a message that a codec is missing. I click "Yes" to search for codec, and it returns three GStreamer plugin.  I check mark all three and install all.

When I click the play button for a song, I don't hear anything and the slider to display elapsed time does not move and is not enabled (so that I could move it myself).

I imported all the songs off of my iPod and attempted to play a song - with the same result.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks