Re: [Banshee-List] Mobile phone detected as portable audio player for Banshee

On 5/9/07, William S Fulton <wsf fultondesigns co uk> wrote:
I'm trying to get a mobile phone recognised as a portable audio player
in Linux so that I can use it with Banshee. I'm using Banshee version
0.12.0.

I don't know how to resolve your problem, but here's some related
feedback that may be helpful: it works fine with 0.13 and a SE K750i
on Ubuntu Feisty.

There's an entry for the W800 and the K750i in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-music-players.fdi
and for the K750i in
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-card-readers.fdi

Maybe you can steal these definitions, or any newer ones in freedesktop.org git?

It also worked with 0.12 and Ubuntu Edgy IIRC.

--
Michael Hutchinson
http://mjhutchinson.com