Re: [Banshee-List] Music Sharing Plugin cannot be initialized

Yes, I changed the text to start the service. I had the same problem with looking at the Services menu option.

Interesting that you mentioned Tangerine. I had installed it about 3 hours ago after doing some research. Thank you for the suggestion. Thanks also to Michael for his help.

-b

Igor Guerrero wrote:
It works for me, I just have to change the /etc/default/avahi-daemon AVAHI_DAEMON_START=1, I don't know why Ubuntu /etc/init.d/avahi_daemon does not start the service.

I also highly recommend that you install tangerine... for sharing:
http://www.snorp.net/log/tangerine

On 3/18/07, *Michael Hutchinson* < m j hutchinson gmail com <mailto:m j hutchinson gmail com>> wrote:

    On 3/18/07, Ben < otherland gmail com
    <mailto:otherland gmail com>> wrote:
    > Warning: [3/18/2007 1:45:05 PM] (Could not initialize plugin
    `daap') -
    > Daemon not running

    Are you 100% certain that avahi-daemon is running? What output do you
    get from "ps -A | grep avahi"? Ubuntu Edgy did break the avahi startup
    scripts quite badly. Have you set AVAHI_DAEMON_START=1 in
    /etc/default/avahi-daemon?

    --
    Michael Hutchinson
    http://mjhutchinson.com