Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee hogging CPU and/or memory

On 3/15/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
On 3/15/07, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> Fairly often, Banshee seems to be freezing with either the CPU
> churning away or the memory going out of control, or both.
>
> Other than turning off all plugins to narrow down the culprit, what
> else can I do to figure out the problem and help it get fixed? I've
> tried running `banshee --debug`, but it never spits out anything
> useful when it goes crazy. Would it be useful to run banshee in
> valgrind?
>
> I'm also reluctant to give up my banshee.db since I've actually
> started using ratings and everything is pretty well organized at the
> moment. But I could test that out if it'd be useful.

Are you using Ubuntu Dapper? There's an item in bugzilla where dapper
seems to be acting up and creating what a second instance of itself.
Haven't seemed to track down the culprit yet though.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm using Banshee 0.12.0 on Ubuntu Feisty.

Thanks,
Andrew