Re: [Banshee-List] openmoko / neo1973 DAP plugin

On 7/14/07, jae <jaebird coolaccess net> wrote:
Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On 7/10/07, Christopher Friedt <cfriedt visible-assets com> wrote:
>
>> Just out of curiousity... does anyone on the list have one of the neo
>> phones from openmoko.com ?
>>
>> It would be quite easy to grab the usb identification codes from the
>> device and submit them to the banshee dev's to include as a DAP device.
>>
>> I'll probably grab one of the newer generation models with WiFi when
>> they come out in October, but it would be a nice feature to market for
>> the OpenMoko people too, if it were possible to sync with banshee.
>>

> I have one (actually two), but the software is still at a pretty early
> stage.  It doesn't yet mount as a regular usb drive, but when it does
> we can make sure we have entries for it in HAL and it will just work
> with Banshee.

yeah...but with USB 1.1 it will be a slow transfer! It would be faster
to transfer over wifi (when SH2 comes out).

Probably the best bet is to transfer the data to the SD card and use
that for storage instead.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen