[Banshee-List] iPod db corruption

Hi Folks,

Sometimes manual sync to ipod hangs, similar behavior to bug 334339.

When this occurs, I eject the iPod (meanwhile Banshee still says it's
syncing) and kill Banshee.  When I put the iPod back in, it mounts fine,
gtkpod can see and read it, but Banshee cannot (on startup: " Either
Banshee's iPod support is broken or missing, or the iPod itself may be
corrupted").  The fix is to boot into Windows, run iTunes, and just
"browse" the iPod.  iTunes must do some sort of db cleanup/fix, because
then I can eject it, reboot into Linux and Banshee sees it just fine.
All of that without adding or deleting anything to/from the iPod while
it's being looked at by iTunes.  iTunes must just silently notice
something about the db and fix it.

I'll get around to filing a bug (or adding to 334339) about the problem
soon, but in the meantime I'm just curious if anybody knows any way to
do this cleanup/fix of the db -- or whatever it is that iTunes is
magically doing to repair it -- without iTunes, so I can do it from
within linux.  I'm tired of booting into Windows.  iTunes is, in fact,
the only reason I ever boot into windows.

thx much,bill