[Banshee-List] Banshee and the OpenMoko

If I understand banshee right, it is designed so that various
interfaces can be placed on top of it and various engines can be put
below it. I'm also seeing that there is an interest in running .net[1]
on the OpenMoko[2]. so I'm thinking it would be easy enough to create
an interface that would run, perhaps on the Helix backend. I
understand Helix is a common embedded device product. Then an
interface could be put together with perhaps an appropriate radio
plugin and we'd have banshee for this cool cell phone and also
providing ip radio.

To be sure, this is a long way from fruition. The .net implementation
for OpenMoko is still in the planning stage, but I'd like to see
banshee break into its potential to have other interfaces on top of
it. I really like the current one, but why not spread the beauty out
to OpenMoko or KDE or Vista?

So how big a project would that really be? Is the ease of this porting
all in my head? Being a non-programmer, I'm likely missing many issues
that would have to be faced, but it sounds like an interesting project
for someone with interest in embedded stuff and C#/Mono.

JSR/

[1]  http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/dotnet/
[2]  http://openmoko.org/
--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen