Re: [Banshee-List] My MP3 player is not recognized :(

On 2/17/07, vini.vincent <vini vincent laposte net> wrote:
> This is a Samsung YP-U1.
> I've an up to date Debian testing distrib.
> It is recognized by my Gnome as it's displyed in Nautilus as
> "Samsung YP-U1..." with a beautifull audio player icon :)

To be more precise, my
"/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-music-players.fdi"
file contains an entry for that player :)

You can see if Banshee will display it if you touch a .is_audio_player
file in its root.  If it does, then delete that file, and make sure
you've looked for any warnings in the terminal when you run Banshee
from the command line.  Then look at the output of hal-device to make
sure the keys in the .fdi file have been actually set when HAL
recognized your device.

Gabriel