[Banshee-List] Installation question

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, then I apologize in advance (and please tell me what is the right place).

I am trying to install Banshee 11.6 on my Ubuntu 6.06 machine.  (I want the iPod functionality)

I am running ./configure and I am getting this:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no

I have checked and I do, in fact, have those libraries installed (version 2.10.3, to be precise).  I have tried reinstalling the libraries to no avail.

Anybody have any ideas?