Re: [Banshee-List] Proposal: Mono.Media

On Dec 18, 2007 3:19 PM, Scott Peterson <lunchtimemama gmail com> wrote:
> Well if other people are interested in shaping the design of an API we could
> set up a wiki and begin some discussions, or if folks would rather start
> from actual code, someone could do a prototype library and we could go from
> there. I personally favor having actual code to talk about and I'd be happy
> to do a prototype API. But first, there is one voice I am eager to hear on
> this matter. Since Mono.Media would initially an abstraction of
> Banshee.MediaEngines, abock's opinion is key.

It definitely makes sense to me to encapsulate as much of this
reusable functionality in reusable libraries.  A lot of the work being
done in trunk is to separate out non-Banshee-dependent bits better
(see Hyena/Hyena.Gui).

Seems like the Banshee.AudioProfiles code would belong in Mono.Media as well.

Aaron, what do you think?  I can see we wouldn't want to let this slow
progress on trunk, but if we could figure out a design and Scott and
others could run with it?

Gabriel