[Banshee-List] Disconnecting iPod

Hi.

This might seem like a silly question, but I'm new to Helix Banshee and
am glad to have found a Linux alternative to iTunes, so I want to get to
understand Banshee well.

When I've finished synchronizing my iPod, is there something I need to
do before disconnecting it? When I right-click the IPOD icon in the
left-hand bar, there's an option to "Eject iPod". When I click this, the
program works away for a bit and then tells me that I can't eject iPod:

"eject failed for /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_B90C_E4B4:
Device to unmount is not in /media/.hal-mtab so it is not mounted by HAL"

The last time I simply went to disconnect my iPod from my machine
without any "ejecting", my iPod froze up and I had to figure out how to
reset it.

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Grant.