Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling from source: decodebin plugin

Andrés G. Aragoneses [ knocte ] escribió:
> Hello, I am trying to compile the sources and when I run ./autogen.sh I
> obtain the following error:
>
> configure: error: Cannot find required GStreamer-0.10 plugin 'decodebin'.
>
> However, I think I have the required library:
>
> knocte linux:~/> ls /opt/gnome/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdeco*
> /opt/gnome/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdecodebin.so

Doing a little more research I have found that gst-inspect-0.10 is not
working well:

knocte linux:~/> /opt/gnome/bin/gst-inspect-0.10
/opt/gnome/bin/gst-inspect-0.10: symbol lookup error:
/opt/gnome/lib/libgstreamer-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_intern_static_string

Does anyone know which could be the reason?

> Any ideas? BTW I am using SUSE 10.1 with some rpm packages from SUSE
> 10.2 alpha.

Perhaps I messed up the whole thing when mixing packages from one
version into another. Any comments would be really appreciated.

Regards,

	Andrés	[ knocte ]

P.S.: Could it be done a check for whether gst-inspect is working just
before calling it?