    Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:49:53 +0100
    From: guy ratcliffe <guy ratcliffe gmail com>
 Subject: [Banshee-List] MTP Help
      To: banshee-list gnome org

I have tried on a number of occations to install Banshee with MTP support
but keep coming up with the same issue compiling banshee:

checking for IPODSHARP... checking for NJBSHARP... checking for
LIBGPHOTO2SHARP... configure: error: libgphoto2-sharp package not found or
not up to date.  Please install libgphoto2 from their subversion
./configure: line 23837: exit: or: numeric argument required
./configure: line 23837: exit: or: numeric argument required

Following Patrick's guide at
http://tricky.vanstaveren.us/Projects/Open_Source/Banshee/MTP

I compile libgphoto successfully, and it's showing that the csharp binding
are there:

Configuration (libgphoto2 2.2.1.2.trunk):

 Build
   Source code location:          .
   GP2DDB support:                no  (EXPERIMENTAL)
   Bindings:                      csharp
   Compiler:                      gcc
   libltdl includes:              -I${top_srcdir}/libltdl
   libltdl library:               -lltdl

 Features
   Use translations:              yes
   JPEG mangling support:         yes
   build API docs with gtk-doc:   no (not requested)
   libexif:                       yes

   Subprojects:                   libltdl libgphoto2_port

Had a look at the files have been installed to /usr/local/lib/libgphoto2/
containing

2.2.1.2.trunk/               libgphoto2-sharp.dll.config  print-camera-list
libgphoto2-sharp.dll         libgphoto2-sharp.dll.mdb     print-usb-usermap

Ok, running on Gentoo, so probably should change it to /usr instead of
/usr/local but tried both and doesn't seem to make a difference as I get the
same result!

Any help would be great as I really want to help with this!

Regards

Guy

----- End message from guy ratcliffe gmail com -----