Re: [Banshee-List] CD-rip with lame

Aaron Bockover wrote:
> What MP3 profile? Lame or Xing? Xing shows up fine for me. Run:

When I hit Edit/Preferences, the CD Importing, the Output Format shows
only OGG, FLAC and WAV.  I don't know where it picks up the other
possible codecs.

> gst-inspect xingenc

Here's the output from that on my system.

Factory Details:
  Long name:    Xing MP3 Encoder
  Class:        Codec/Encoder/Audio
  Author(s):    Hans Petter Jansson <hpj novell com>, Aaron Bockover
<abockover novell com>
  Rank:         none (0)

Plugin Details:
  Name:                 xingenc
  Filename:             /opt/gnome/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstxingenc.so
  Version:              0.10.2
  License:              LGPL
  Source module:        gstreamer-xing
  Binary package:       Banshee
  Origin URL:           http://banshee-project.org/

GObject
 +----GstObject
       +----GstElement
             +----XingMp3Encoder

Pad Templates:
  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      audio/x-raw-int
             endianness: 1234
                 signed: true
                  width: 16
                  depth: 16
                   rate: [ 8000, 50000 ]
               channels: [ 1, 2 ]

  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      application/mp3

Element Flags:
  no flags set

Element Implementation:
  No loopfunc(), must be chain-based or not configured yet
  Has change_state() function: 0xb79833a0
  Has custom save_thyself() function: gst_element_save_thyself
  Has custom restore_thyself() function: gst_element_restore_thyself

Element has no clocking capabilities.
Element has no indexing capabilities.

Pads:
  SRC: 'src'
    Implementation:
      Has custom queryfunc(): xing_mp3_encoder_src_query
        Provides query types:
                (2):    duration (Total duration)
                (1):    position (Current position)
                (8):    convert (Converting between formats)
    Pad Template: 'src'
  SINK: 'sink'
    Implementation:
      Has chainfunc(): 0xb7982d60
      Has custom queryfunc(): xing_mp3_encoder_sink_query
    Pad Template: 'sink'

Element Properties:
  name                : The name of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        String. Default: null Current: "xingmp3encoder0"
  bitrate             : Specify a target constant bitrate (in bps).
                        flags: readable, writable
                        Integer. Range: -1 - 2147483647 Default: -1
Current: -1
  last-message        : The last status message
                        flags: readable
                        String. Default: null Current: null