Re: [Banshee-List] Fedora Core 5 AAC Support

I get the same error. The funny thing is, I can open the files
directly and play them, but they fail to get imported.

On 10/15/06, Florin Andrei <florin andrei myip org> wrote:
Eric Gillingham wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 07:13:42PM -0500, noah wrote:
>> I just installed Banshee (via yum) on Fedora Core 5, but it wont let
>> me import m4a files.  Any idea what is wrong?
>
> I believe you need the gstreamer-faad package installed.

I can't seem to find this package.

I am under the impression that FAAD is part of the
gstreamer-plugins-ugly package:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-ugly/LICENSE_readme?r1=1.8&r2=1.9

...but I'm not sure if that's the latest release or it's in the CVS tree.

On my system, gstreamer-plugins-ugly is installed, Totem can play the
.m4a files, but Banshee fails to import them:

Cannot Import: /home/florin/m4a/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXX.m4a
(Entagged.Audioformats.Exceptions.UnsupportedFormatException)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/