[Banshee-List] synchronizing to ipod

Hi,

 First of all, really nice piece of software.  I'd love to help in development in some way, but right now I'm just trying to get things up and running properly.  Basically, I just installed the 0.11 from source, and finally got it working so that I can drop in mp3s and synchronize them.  I also have a lot of other formats (mostly ogg), and I cant seem to get them to transcode.

In the preferences menu it says "no mp3-compatible encoders available".  Did I miss a compile option or something?  I am using the ubuntu gstreamer packages so I'm not sure if thats where the problem is.  It basically just gives me a warning that the files cant be encoded when I try to synchronize (which I guess makes sense if no encoders are available)

Also, if i try to eject I am getting an error:
Error: [10/15/2006 11:45:18 AM] (Could not eject iPod) - eject failed for /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_890C_F46A: An unknown error occured

But maybe thats because its a brand new ipod and it says upon the startup that its an unknown ipod version (so I did submit my info on the website).

Any help to get the encoder working is appreciated!

Thanks,
John