[Banshee-List] something changed so program kills system

About three days ago Banshee stopped working on my Ubuntu system.
(Current updated 6.06, 32 bit). It shows up on the window list as
But it really hasn't. Examining my system reveals that the Banshee
process is still ongoing. (Process banshee, ID 21924) This process
continues, using significant CPU and consuming more and more memory
until the system crashes. I am not sure what could be causing this.
Since banshee continues to run, and because I am not terribly
experienced with debugging this sort of thing,  I have no idea how to
get more detailed info or a bug report. I also can't think of any
obvious changes I've made recently. Standard updates is about it. The
other thing I'm wondering is if one of the media codecs or engines could
be overriding the one banshee is trying to use. (No idea why that would
cause a fatal memory leak, though.) Anyhow, I thought I'd send this to
the list. Off-hand, saw nothing similar on the website, and I'm not sure
if this is a bug or something specific related to my system.

Thanks all,
Dustin

Dustin