Re: [Banshee-List] Cleanup plugin now available

The plugin is simple at the moment.  It checks if the file exists.  If
File.Exists is false, the track is removed from the library and any
playlists that it is a member of.  If the playlist doesn't have any
tracks left in it, then it removes the playlist.

I'm working on playlist import/export functionality so you can backup
those carefully crafted non-dynamic playlists soon.  :-)

-- Trey

On 10/10/06, Alan <alan ufies org> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:26:28PM -0400, Trey Ethridge wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've completed a plugin to clean stale tracks from the Banshee
> library.  It's attached to bugzilla.
>
> Bug 361210 ? Banshee needs a way to cleanup (remove stale tracks).
>
> Let me know if you have questions.

Sounds cool.... question though, does it, or how does it deal with
situations such as if you have your music stored on a fileshare, and you
start banshee when your share is offline, rebooting, etc.  Does your
library disappear?  What about things like playlists, do they
automatically get updated and potentially delete carefully crafted
non-dynamic playlists?

Regards,

alan

--