Re: [Banshee-List] Using gnome network proxy setting

I have mono 2.0 and my http_proxy variable is set to the correct value. If i understood correctly it should work for me right ?

On 11/28/06, Michael Hutchinson <m j hutchinson gmail com> wrote:
On 11/28/06, Hugo Palma <hugo m palma gmail com> wrote:
> It seems that Banshee doesn't use the gnome network proxy setting.
> Is this correct ?
> Is so, how do i use banshee behind a proxy ?
> Is this in the TODO list ?

It uses Mono's proxy setting, which (for the 2.0 profile which Banshee
now uses) is set in /etc/mono/2.0/machine.config. The default setting
is to detect the proxy from the standard $http_proxy environment
variable. However, was a regression in the Mono 2.0 profile that
stopped it from working. I fixed this a couple of weeks ago, so if you
have Mono 1.2 or later it'll be fine.

--
Michael Hutchinson
http://mjhutchinson.com