Re: [Banshee-List] Sharing no longer working after upgrade

On 11/10/06, Joseph Zitt <jzitt josephzitt com> wrote:
Since upgrading from Ubuntu 6.06 to 6.10, and upgrading Banshee to
0.11.0-0ubuntu1~dhx1 from badgerports, I can no longer see the share
from Banshee on my Windows XP box under iTunes 7.0.
In upgrading, Synaptic uninstalled 1ibavahi (?) and put in banshee-daap
instead. Is there something else that I have to tweak to get sharing to
work again?

Ubuntu Dapper->Edgy upgrade disabled avahi-daemon:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/avahi/+bug/55836

Edit /etc/default/avahi-daemon, and change AVAHI_DAEMON_START=1

However, Apple locked out third party clients from iTunes 7, so you
won't be able to browse music even when you can see the share. You can
use Tangerine (http://www.snorp.net/log/tangerine/) as an alternative
daap server.

--
Michael Hutchinson