Re: [Banshee-List] Music Sharing plugin

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 14:10 -0400, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Michael Monreal <infernux web de> wrote:
> > A simple way would be to add a right-click menu to the library (other
> > sources have such a menu, too) with a toggle option for sharing/not
> > sharing. I think this belongs here, putting it into the menus would
> > clutter too much - I already find the menus to be cluttered quite a
> > bit (why do we need the audioscrobber submenu unter music? why
> > is the podcast stuff visible when i browse the library? I recently sent
> > a mail reagarding this to the list bud sadly it seems to be lost)
>
> I think I'd rather see an icon to toggle this option near the shuffle
> icon in the lower left corner. I'm not sure what the icon would be,
> but maybe an open hand like the one on shared folders in Windows (at
> least in the 98 days). Perhaps part of the configuration of the plugin
> could be the option to have this icon down there because many people
> might not care for it since it never changes for a machine that sits
> on a desk connected to the same network all the time.

I find the idea of having sharing inside banshee somewhat strange.
(Note: this is entirely my personal opinion). I'd rather see something
like Tangerine in the desktop, so I can close banshee when I'm not
playing music and still share my music.

Promoting this to an always-visible button doesn't feel like the right
thing to do, considering how much it'll be used anyway. There are more
creative (and better) ways to fix this problem than cramming in another
button that won't have an obvious meaning to most
(not-so-computer-literate) users.

But that's my personal opinion and I almost feel way to hacking-inactive
to even voice it.

Kind regards,
   Ruben

--