[Banshee-List] MTP devices / call for help / anyone have any info?

Hey banshee users!

I'm looking to dive into starting up MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) support for
linux/banshee.  There are already two C libraries that claim to support this, and
seeing as it's the future for all creative jukeboxes that are stuck running the NJB
protocol for the time being, I'd really like to get started on making MTP possible.

I'm looking for a CHEAP MTP device.  I own a Zen Micro, but I don't want to do the
upgrade, and so I'd rather spend some money (hopefully less than $50 USD, maybe up to
$75) on one.  My trouble has been finding devices that I know use the MTP protocol.

Does anyone out there own a cheap MTP device that they know of that I can buy for my
tests?  Or know of one?  Or know of a list of MTP devices (other than
playsforsure.com)?  Right now my best bet is an iriver T10, but it's going to cost me
at least $90 and I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that for a device that I'll never
really make use of.

If you'd like to help banshee and the linux community but dont feel like programming,
you can always help with research :)

Thanks in advance!  Reply if you have any info for me!

Patrick van Staveren

--
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren
Western Michigan University