Re: [Banshee-List] iPod Transcoding

I think I'm going to hop onboard here, although transcoding seems to
work fairly well.

I've got most my songs in mp3 form (and there's no chance I'm ripping
all those cds again just to get ogg;). When I use banshee to update my
library, the mp3 songs get transferred as mp3, which works like a
charm. However, the songs I have in ogg format turn up as .m4a (I'll
have to doublecheck that, but atleast the files had a "4" in the
extension) on the ipod, and are unplayable.

Is there anything wrong with transcoding oggs to mp3 instead of some
obscure format my poor little ipod nano can't play? ;-)