Re: [Banshee-List] ShowTrackOnChange Plugin - Updated, 0.3

Thanks for the patch Patrick.  Comments inline.

On 7/27/06, Patrick van Staveren <trick vanstaveren us> wrote:
Nick,

Fixed a little issue for you - the configure.ac file only handled
banshee 0.10.x - attached is a patch that will make the stoc plugin
work well with CVS HEAD (what will become 0.11.x in the coming weeks).

Also, when you want to make a release tarball - run 'make dist' or
'make dist-bzip2' - this will make the configure script and it's
prerequisites, and you won't have to ship autogen.sh.  Ask me if this
doesn't make sense :)

Makes complete sense.  This is my first time rolling anything with autogen.sh so the help is appreciated.

Also, linked below are some screenies from a dual monitor setup.  Take
these with a grain of salt - this is dual head with the radeon
driver's "pseudo-xinerama" which in my mind means "it sorta works, but
not really".  This problem may not happen on a proper xinerama setup.
When I have the left-offset set to something that's on my second
monitor (see prefs shot [1]), and the "snap to" option set, it snaps
to the very left of my left monitor [2].  Don't know what's causing
that.  Also - the Xdelta gconf key is always some negative number like
-150 whenever I have the box on the right screen - and it never
changes value as I move the box around.  Here's a dump of my gconf keys:

$ gconftool-2 -R /apps/Banshee/ShowTrackOnChange
  X = 1900
  Y = 30
  Snap = true
  Monitor = 1
  XDelta = -150
  Seconds = 10
  YDelta = 30
  Enabled = true

To make it better - with snap set to false and the position set to my
right monitor - I don't get a popup at all.

For something you may want to aspire to...check out liferea's popup
notifications[3], as well as mail-notification applet's popup
notifications [4].  mail-notification is perfect, IMO. Also note that
when the v-offset is set to zero, it does NOT overlap my gnome-panel.

So...here's my formal feature request list:
1) Make the notification box area preferences more user-centric
2) See what you can do about the issues with my second monitor, if anything :)
3) Apply attached patch and release 0.3.1 - CVS/HEAD people will thank you :)

Hope I was descriptive enough.  Email back if you have any questions!

Perfect.  Thanks for the feedback and valuable data.  I'll work towards a 0.3.1 drop.

Good work on this :)

Cheers,

Patrick

[1] http://trick.vanstaveren.us/tmp/preview.png