    Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:40:00 +0200
    From: Dominik Meister <neptoon gmail com>
 Subject: [Banshee-List] [Patch] speeding up "search by track"
      To: "ML, Banshee" <banshee-list gnome org>

Hi,

I'm the guy who provided the patch for BGO #333904 (searching based on a
track's metadata).
I noticed that this can be very slow when having a larger library due to
the fact that banshee tries to search after each character "entered" to
the search field.
I've attached a patch which speeds up the search by suspending the
OnSimpleSearch method until the whole search criteria has been "entered"
into the field.
I was not sure about posting this on the mailing list but it's only a
small 4-lines patch. If you prefer a bugzilla entry, should I open a new
bug or attach it to the original one (and reopen it)?

Thanks, Dominik
--
Dominik Meister <neptoon gmail com>
My public GnuPG key is available at http://meischter.homelinux.org/gpg.txt