Re: [Banshee-List] [Patch] speeding up "search by track"

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 10:40 +0200, Dominik Meister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the guy who provided the patch for BGO #333904 (searching based on a
> track's metadata).
> I noticed that this can be very slow when having a larger library due to
> the fact that banshee tries to search after each character "entered" to
> the search field.
> I've attached a patch which speeds up the search by suspending the
> OnSimpleSearch method until the whole search criteria has been "entered"
> into the field.
> I was not sure about posting this on the mailing list but it's only a
> small 4-lines patch. If you prefer a bugzilla entry, should I open a new
> bug or attach it to the original one (and reopen it)?

Hi Dominik,

Don't fear posting patches to the bugzilla all the time (just open a new
bug if it's a new patch in terms of functionality). This makes tracking
and follow-up much easier. Also prevents them from getting lost.

It's fine to announce them on the mailing list though, to make a call
for testing.

Kind regards,
   Ruben

--