[Banshee-List] Complicated play list question

Hi,

I would like to use banshee for all of my audio needs, but I've got one thing I can't seem to figure out.  The database of my songs in ~/Music works great.  I would like to use banshee to listen to podcasts too.  So, I'm at the commandline and I have two files that are NOT in banshee's database.  If I enter

banshee --enqueue foo.ogg

banshee starts up and starts playing the file.  But, if I open a new terminal and type in

banshee --enqueue bar.ogg

I get returned to the commandline with no errors, but the new file does NOT show up in the orange colored local playlist.  So, my question is:  How do I add a file to an active copy of banshee?

--andy