[Banshee-List] Question about iTunes importer plugin

I don't have a windows partition on my computer, but I imported all my songs from my ipod to banshee on my new ubuntu install. If I grab the .XML file from my itunes library (identical to the contents of the ipod) that I have backed up, will this plugin be able to transfer the ratings and playlists? How would I go about doing that? Also, after using the plugin to import the ratings and playlists will I be able to safely sync my ipod with banshee, and have the ratings and playlists on my ipod?

thanks!