Re: [Banshee-List] ID3 embedded album art support

Yes... look at the images on the main page if nothing else: http://www.banshee-project.org/Main_Page

Now, in a little more detail:
1) If you're building from cvs, do you have libmusicbrainz and it's development package installed? For Ubuntu this would be libmusicbrainz4c2a and libmusicbrainz4-dev. That will make sure Banshee is built for getting data from www.musicbrainz.com (and thus downloading cover art if you don't already have it).
2) Next... Does banshee support album art stored on my iPod? Well... I'd answer this out-right except my iPod's at the office at the moment (I don't currently use the iPod support in Banshee)... but I'll hazard a guess at "yes" because ipod support comes from ipod-sharp: http://www.snorp.net/log/ipod-sharp/ and ipod-sharp appears to have somewhat recently had this supported added: http://www.snorp.net/log/2006/06/29/photos-and-cover-art-in-ipod-sharp/

Also, there's the Changelog from CVS:
2006-07-06  Aaron Bockover  < aaron abock org>

    Patch from James Willcox

    * configure.ac: Require ipod-sharp 0.6.0

    * src/Banshee.Base/TrackInfo.cs: Make cover_art_file protected

    * src/Banshee.Dap/Ipod/DatabaseRebuilder.cs:
    * src/Banshee.Dap/Ipod/IpodDap.cs:
    * src/Banshee.Dap/Ipod/IpodDapTrackInfo.cs: Updated to work with
    new ipod-sharp 0.6.0/SVN Track API and added cover art syncing support

It only took me a moment to find this information myself. Make sure you have "Show Cover Art" enabled under "View" and if you want Banshee to try and fill in cover art from musicbrainz, make sure you enable the plugin, Edit->Plugins.

Matt