[Banshee-List] Help needed on Banshee

Dear all,
i'm quite new to banshee and I need some help to use it with my 5G iPod.

First question:
what's the purpose of having a normal encoding profile and an iPod one? And how does this work? Just drag & drop CD content on my iPod?

Second question:
How can I encore my CD in AAC? I've read dozens of tuto and FAQ and...I can produce m4a files with sound juicer but I can't play these files with Rythmbox or Banshee: "format not supported', or "not a audio MPEG4 file"...

Thanks for your help.