[Banshee-List] iPod does not show up in Banshee

Right now, HAL/gvm seem to mount my ipod fine. However the ipod does not
show up in Banshee. Here is my output from ipod --list:

$ ipod --list
glibtop: This machine has 1 CPUs, 1 are being monitored.
Path Info
   Device Path:      /dev/sda3
   Mount Point:      /mnt/ipod
   Control Path:     /mnt/ipod/iPod_Control/
   HAL ID:
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_E0C3AB8C9AFE99E2
Device Info
   Model Number:     MA005
   Device Model:     Nano (White)
   iPod Generation:  Fifth (5)
   Adv. Capacity:    4 GB
   Is New:           YES
   Writeable:        NO
   Serial Number:    YM6234HYSZC
   Firmware Version: 5.1.1
Volume Info
   Volume Size:      4005708288
   Volume Used:      3919553024
   Available         86155264
   UUID:             E0C3AB8C9AFE99E2
   Label             Egglin
User-Provided Info
   Device Name:      (null)
   User Name:        (null)
   Host Name:        (null)
Supported Artwork Formats
   Small Cover:            42x42
   Large Cover:            100x100
   Large Photo:            42x37
   Full iPod Screen Photo: 176x132

i've noticed above that it sees the iPod as "Writable NO" which seems
odd. The ipod is mounted in gnome as writable to everyone. Here is the
line in my fstab related to the ipod:

/dev/ipod       /mnt/ipod       hfsplus
async,nodev,nosuid,user,rw,noauto,noexec,umask=0000     0 0

suggestions?

-aaron