Re: [Banshee-List] Wikipedia plugin

On 4/28/06, Trick van Staveren <trick vanstaveren us> wrote:
Interesting.  It looks almost like you have the gecko-sharp libraries
but not the
underlying mozilla libraries (or your gecko-sharp library is pointing
to the wrong
location).  Maybe I need to do something in my package to point to the
proper location
of a mozilla library.  I don't know.

Yes, this is something you have to do in your package (though whether
you should have to do it is another question...) The Mozilla libraries
are often not in the library loader's path, for example in Debian and
Ubuntu. This is because of the way they are versioned.

Mono projects that use Gecko# often have a wrapper script that runs
something like
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/mozilla /path/to/actual/program.exe

You can see an example of this at
http://svn.myrealbox.com/viewcvs/trunk/aspeditor/script.in?view=markup
Note that it detects the mozilla path in the configure script.
MonoDevelop has a more robust (and more complicated) method:
http://svn.myrealbox.com/viewcvs/trunk/monodevelop/monodevelop.in?view=markup

Michael