Re: [Banshee-List] Updated mass storage patch

Hi Gabriel,

On 4/28/06, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
I'm not sure if there's a penalty at all, but the docs say calling
Initialize multiple times doesn't matter - but this is tiny point not
worth talking about. :)

OK, I spotted it somewhere else in passing and thought it might be a good idea.

Were you having a problem with it using the mass storage type for
handling an iPod?  That should not happen because the mass storage
support is listed as a generic DapType, and devices are checked
against non-generic types first.

Ah OK, I hadn't caught that subtlety. I just noticed the type hal key
and thought we should probably check it.

Also, where did you get the portable_audio_player.type hal key from?
I don't see it in the spec [1].

Dapper fdi files, e.g.

<match key="storage.vendor" contains="Apple">
       <match key="storage.model" contains="iPod">
         <append key="info.capabilities"
type="strlist">portable_audio_player</append>
         <merge key="info.category" type="string">portable_audio_player</merge>
         <merge key="portable_audio_player.access_method"
type="string">storage</merge>
         <merge key="portable_audio_player.type" type="string">ipod</merge>

Cheers,
James.