Re: [Banshee-List] Updated mass storage patch

Hi James,

On 4/28/06, James Stembridge <jstembridge gmail com> wrote:
Couple more minor changes. I've added to check to see if Gnome VFS has
already been initialized before initializing it, and (more

I'm not sure if there's a penalty at all, but the docs say calling
Initialize multiple times doesn't matter - but this is tiny point not
worth talking about. :)

importantly) tried to prevent the mass storage plugin accepting
non-generic devices like iPods.

Were you having a problem with it using the mass storage type for
handling an iPod?  That should not happen because the mass storage
support is listed as a generic DapType, and devices are checked
against non-generic types first.

Also, where did you get the portable_audio_player.type hal key from? I don't see it in the spec [1].

Any way, thanks for reviewing the code and for the help!

Gabriel

[1] http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/hal/hal/doc/spec/hal-spec.html#device-properties-portable_audio_player