Re: [Banshee-List] Problem installing gstreamer0.8-plugins-multiverse

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:00 -0500, John Moore wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy) installed.  Installed Banshee and noted
> the mp3 problem in the Banshee FAQ (see the site response below):
>
> A: This is caused by not having MP3 support in your version of
> gstreamer. For our Ubuntu Breezy friends sudo apt-get install
> gstreamer0.8-plugins gstreamer0.8-plugins-multiverse and
> gstreamer0.8-ffmpeg and you'll be fine.
>
> I managed to install gstreamer0.8-plugins and gstreamer0.8-ffmpeg.
> However, when attempting to install gstreamer0.8-plugins-multiverse I
> got the following error:
>
> E:  Couldn't find package gstreamer0.8-plugins-multiverse
>
> Any suggestions?  Thanks.

This is an Ubuntu question more than an specific about banshee.

You should read the documentation about how to solve this issues at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats

In particular, the section related to MP3:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats#head-a57167a3ce442dc52d9b05e46a14503330d4e970

Regards,

--
Germán Poó-Caamaño