[Banshee-List] a tagging follow-up

hi aaron (i suppose youre the only one on this list who will be able to
answer this),

im really very confused about whats happening - mp3 tagging seems dead in
linux land. everywhere else theres massive development but here
nothing...

it confuses me - like rhythmbox needs gstreamer, gstreamer needs id3lib,
id3lib is dead ---- and nobody seems to care. at least my googling only
turns up my own old posts.

how can linux compete if its not possible to edit unicode mp3 tags in a
decent way?

also - neither you nor the rhythmbox people answer my posts. why is that?
is my posting form of conduct inappropriate, or are the questions old
and boring or what?

am i misunderstanding something? why couldnt unicode with id3v2.4 be a
standard for editing tags (at least as an option) and if so - wouldnt it
be very easy to implement in gstreamer or banshee?

i suppose since youre doing it - my rant is going the wrong way. i do
appreciate your work - but i cant understand what other people arent
working to get tagging working...is it because were all supposed to be
using ogg and flac?

thanks - and sorry for taking your time - thisll be my last desperate,
and exasparated post on mp3 tagging.